TONiC™ diagnostic kit
The TONiC diagnostic kit is available to assist challenging installations and aid system optimisation by reporting system performance and remote signal monitoring.
What is the TONiC diagnostic kit?
TONiC linear and rotary (angle) encoder systems feature integral set-up LEDs that are usually sufficient for installation purposes. Customers with the most challenging set-up requirements are now supported by an optional TONiC diagnostic kit to aid installations and system optimisation by reporting system performance and remote signal monitoring from their PC.
The kit consists of a diagnostic software package and a diagnostic hardware kit delivered in a convenient carry-case.
The diagnostic kit enables the user to view the signal amplitude and confirm that the reference mark is phased correctly. An audible indication of signal amplitude can also be output in cases where the software is obstructed during readhead adjustment. The user can also remotely calibrate the system and toggle the AGC (Auto Gain Control) status.
Why use this diagnostic kit to help set-up my readhead?
The TONiC diagnostic kit is optional for setting up a TONiC readhead as the integral set-up LED shows a visual indication of optimum set-up. This method of installation is sufficient for the majority of TONiC installations. However, there are some challenging installation scenarios, such as those listed below, where additional support is needed:
- When the readhead is buried deep in the machine and / or it is not possible to see the readhead set-up LED
- To confirm if the readhead has been calibrated and the reference mark is phased
- To confirm that the limit switches have been detected by the readhead
- When using TONiC on a rotary system to adjust the pitch of the readhead to help eliminate parallax errors
How do I get the TONiC diagnostic kit?
The diagnostic software can be downloaded below and the diagnostic hardware can be ordered through Renishaw using part number A-9411-0011. Please note that the software will only work when the TONiC readhead is connected through the diagnostic hardware to your PC – you cannot use the software on its own.
Features and benefits
- Real-time remote monitoring to aid readhead adjustment
- Visual and audible indication of signal size
- Visual indication of reference mark phasing
- Visual indication of limit switches
- Visual indication of readhead pitch
- Quick remote calibration of the incremental and reference mark signals
- AGC (Auto Gain Control) can be toggled by a click of a button
- The hardware is powered via the USB cable (supplied in the kit) or in-line with the customers' electronics
Minimum system requirements
- Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows 7 or Windows XP
- Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 Full
- USB port
- Internet connection for software download
Can I use this diagnostic kit for other Renishaw encoders?
The hardware (A-9411-0011) can also be used in conjunction with the ATOM™ diagnostic software to aid installation of ATOM systems.